Sunday 30 October 2011

The Last Wish (A story retold)



     One fateful night a Mr. Smith, lying on his death bed uttered his last words to his young and strikingly beautiful but extremely unfaithful wife, “Dear, my end has come and I am going to die soon, so, let us forget the past and as my last wish, I expect you to be true to me henceforth, or else my soul will not rest in peace. Remember, I will be restless and turn upside down in my grave, each time you commit adultery,” His wife nodded in affirmative and consoled him tenderly. Mr. Smith died peacefully.
    Time passed by slowly, seasons kept on changing, but, alas! Obsessions die hard. Our lady, the Femme Fatale, did not change a bit. Her ways of living did not change as promised. She continued to be in her usual self as before and as vibrant as ever. Meanwhile, a friend of Mr. Smith also died and went to heaven. When he met St. Peter, he asked him, ”Sir, I wish to see Mr. Smith.“
    “My dear, there are so many Smiths in heaven, which one do you want to see?” asked St. Peter. Friend of Mr. Smith gave the earthly details and descriptions of his late friend.
    On hearing, St. Peter had a mighty laugh and exclaimed, ”Oh! You mean the REVOLVING SMITH! Please follow me.” And he lead him to the revolving man!


No comments:

Post a Comment